Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chocolate Mess!

So I was at a concert last night and get a text from my husband asking what was chocolate that my dogs got into.  I get a text a minute later saying, never mind, it was chocolate cake mix.  I'm not going to lie, it was my fault.  I had it in a box with a bunch of other things, on the ground, in the downstairs closet.

I come home last night to this:

My husband had tried to clean it up with all-purpose spray.  It obviously didn't work, and only ground it in further from all the scrubbing.

I didn't have time to mess with it before work this morning, but pulled out my handy Bissell Spot Bot Pet Pro (which, coincidentally, my $20 rebate check came in the mail today) this afternoon.  Of course I ran out of cleaner so have to make a trip to Target again tonight.  Seriously, this will be my 3rd trip this week.  I'm going to have to use it twice over the area, but now my carpet looks like this:

The picture doesn't really do it justice.  The top part is wet so looks really dark and dirty still.  But seeing it up close, it's much better than it was.  I have no doubt a second swipe or even manual clean will get it looking even better.  All I know is it was running next to me while I was reading e-mails, the fact that it is hands-free is wonderful!

It says Spot Bot Pet, but I would think it would be great for people with kids, too, as kids make big messes, too.  It probably works great on Kool-Aid stains!  (When I was 13 I babysat a 2 year old who spilled red Kool-Aid on their white carpet.  They had no carpet cleaner in the house!  Thankfully it was my summer job, so I knew the people well and they felt worse for me and my panic and using dish detergent to try to clean it up than were they mad about the stain.  By the way, as you can guess, the dish detergent did not work.)

Now to get more solution and then bleach and mop my tile where the dogs vomited up the chocolate in the middle of the night... Sigh.


  1. Oh no! Dogs and chocolate, ugh. My dog almost died from getting into chocolate chips I left in a box on the floor, so I know how you feel.