Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lightlife Frozen Dinners


So I mentioned yesterday that I bought these Lightlife frozen dinners.  Let me start off by telling you two things:

1)  I am currently sick so nothing tastes good to me.
2)  I don't care for frozen dinners.  Poor Jimmy eats a lot of them.  Some by choice, some due to I'm exhausted and not cooking.  I really should do some of that Freezer Cooking.  Maybe one day I will.

I was sort of hungry last night and not in the mood to make myself anything (in his defense, Jimmy was at the gym or he might have gotten me something).  I decided that the Asian Teriyaki Lightlife dinner was the least offensive looking of anything I had in the house, so heated one up.  I loved it.  Even Jimmy was suprised when he got home and saw the empty box sitting on the counter, and more suprised at the empty tray next to it.

I mosied on over to their site this morning, and if I ever decide to do the freezer cooking I'll use some of their recipes.  They look delicious!

Why am I telling you this?  Because I think you should try out the product, too.  Especially if you're trying to incorporate more veggies in your diet (I ate 2 servings in the one meal--and it was painless!)  If you didn't get the coupon in this week's paper, you can print coupons out on their website.  They have a lot more products besides just the frozen dinners, apparently they make the good veggie hot dogs I've had before, too.  It looks like Farm Fresh, Health Trail, and Trader Joes are the only stores locally that carry their frozen products, but I want to say Harris Teeter carries some of their other products.  You can search for stores by product if you want.

For now, though, I'm going to lay off the cough syrup and go to work.

** I was not compensated to write this post.  These are purely my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment