Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rite Aid Trip and a Trip to Walgreens

I know what I said, no more Walgreens, but I'm going back one last time to get cheap Celsius.  After writing that letter I had a message on my answering machine from that manager I dealt with Sunday to please contact the store so they could resolve my issue.  So I'm hiking my fanny back to the store tonight with my coupons and a copy of the corporate coupon policy in hand.  And maybe I'll take Jimmy in case he needs to pull me out of the store.  Kidding on the last part.
Mostly.


So I was organizing my paper clutter yesterday so I could find my RA receipt.  It was in my purse the whole time.  I had a doctor's appointment today so had time to clean out the black hole that is my purse.  I also found a whole bunch more coupons today that were stuffed into the "bill basket."  That got cleaned out, too.




That Target giftcard?  $25 FREE from using MyPoints.  MyPoints is one of those get points web deals like Swagbucks, except MyPoints has surveys and sends you e-mail offers also.  I rarely sign up for the e-mail offers, but you get 5 points even if you just click on the e-mail.  Pretty awesome for a few seconds every day.  The one advantage over Swagbucks is that you get a physical giftcard whereas Swagbucks gives you an online code.  So the giftcard is going into my giftcard pile to save for Black Friday.  Last year I want to say you got a $10 giftcard when you spent $100 that day, so my mom and I combined our orders to get up to $100.  Much easier to spend $100 out of pocket when you already have $25 free to use towards it.


But on to Rite Aid.  I know, it seemed like I'd never get here!




There were also Orange Slices that my mom threw in the buggy, along with her Tide that she took home so didn't make it in the picture.  Again, we combined our purchase to get up to $20 so I could use my $4/20 Video Values coupon.
The Febreze Noticeables refill was clearanced to $2.79 (reg $5.59) and I used a $1 off coupon
Tide was on sale for $5.99 (reg $9.99) and I used a $1 off coupon and got back a $1 Up Reward
I'll also get back $1.99 Single Rebate Check for the Nivea lip gloss, and I got a $1 Up Reward
The Nivea body wash was $3 less a $1 coupon, and I got a $2 Up Reward
I used a $4/20 Video Values coupon bringing my out of pocket to $10.38 before tax.
After SRC and Up Rewards, I spent approximately $4.38

I'm headed back in a little while to get some cheap cereal and perhaps some Nexxus shampoo.  I like my staff at Rite Aid, so I'll keep taking my business there... ahem, Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment