Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Final Straw!

Today was the final straw at Walgreens!  I don't care if they start handing out $100 bills to everyone who walks through their door, I am done.  Jimmy and I went to buy some Celcius energy drinks.  They were priced at $7.99, there was a $3 Walgreens Sept coupon booklet coupon, and I had a $3 manufacturer's coupon.  The manufacturer's coupon, as it has done before, did not scan, but instead of typing in the numbers on the coupon, the assistant manager told me I couldn't use two coupons.  I told her I could, as the coupon booklet coupon is considered a Walgreens coupon and not a manufacturer's coupon.  Then she changed her story and told me that I couldn't have a $0 balance.  I told her I wouldn't, as I would still owe $1.99, but she told me no, she couldn't ring it through.  I asked her could she then reduce the price of the coupon so that I would owe something.  (My blood pressure is rising at this point.)  She said, no, she couldn't, even though their coupon policy clearly states that they can.  I told her what the corporate coupon policy said, but she told me she still couldn't do it.  At this point I probably sighed loudly and told her to never mind and to please give me my coupons back.

Then I went to Rite Aid where I had a successful trip, nothing was an issue, and the cashier was pleasant.  In between, of course, I wrote Walgreens a scathing letter.  For every 10 visits, only 1 is issue-free and/or has a nice cashier.  I am done with them, RA and CVS can get all my business.

I'll cover the RA trip tomorrow.  I'm up in bed already and didn't take a picture.  Where did the weekend go??  I hardly got anything on my to-do list accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment