Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Friday, August 13, 2010

CVS Savings 08/13

It has been a heck of a Friday the 13th.  Is it a full moon, too?  Or does it just feel like one?

Anyway, I stopped at the nice CVS on the way home from work today, but they did not have any of the Schick Hydro razors, so I decided to go to the not as nice CVS later this evening.  Jimmy went in with me and told the manager who was ringing me up to "watch this!"  Sweet, but embarrassing!


I didn't get to do all I wanted as this store had the razor (well, had 1 razor) but no Dulcolax or Brawny paper towels.  Also, they don't mark their sales very well, so I had a time with that, too.

But I did find some EXCELLENT clearance hidden in the back of the store!  Those Gillette After Shaves are for my dad; he likes them but has only been able to find them at Wal-Mart.  Shudder.  They were marked down to $1.50 and $1.23 (they're different scents).  The Nexxus shampoo was marked down from $11.99 (shudder again) to $2.25.  Yipee!  The magic coupon machine had spit out a $2 off Nexxus coupon a few weeks ago, so I got both bottles for $2.50 total.

It was at this point Jimmy informed me he needed more deodorant.  Does he eat the stuff?  Seriously, I feel like I'm constantly buying him deodorant.  So, $4.79 later he has deodorant.  Gees.

I used $5/$30 from an email coupon from CVS, then the Fuze were 4/$5 and get $5 ECB when you spent $10.

I used $15 in ECBs to bring my out of pocket to 3.27 before tax.  I received $9 back in ECBs for the Fuze and razor, and saved a total of $56.79.  And that, my friends, is a successful shopping day!

No comments:

Post a Comment