Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Friday, September 10, 2010

Where Have All The Spoons Gone?

We currently are only in posession of 5 spoons, total, in our house.  If we were missing bowls, too, I'd assume they were together, but we're not missing any bowls.  It's one of life's great mysteries.

It's been quiet over here on the home front this week.  I've had a wonderful migraine the past few days and get to start on a steroid this afternoon.  The only good thing about that is that steroids make me hot as all get out, so I want to keep the house cool for a few weeks.  Well, that's not good for me, but Jimmy sure likes it.  Usually I keep the house too warm for his liking.

Speaking of Jimmy, we were watching a Hoarders marathon last Sunday, and he told me he thinks I'm a hoarder.  Why?  Because we have to sleep on piles of trash?  Because we trip over things when walking through the house?  (Okay, maybe.)  No, because this one lady said that once food goes into the freezer the expiration date no longer matters.  I tell him that all the time.

I'm going to do some freezer cooking this weekend.  I did about half of my shopping, and will get the rest of it at Target this evening.  I had good intentions of doing the catalina deal at Farm Fresh and getting $10 off my next purchase to go back and buy some more ingredients, but alas, it did not work out.  I didn't end up getting to the store until 7 pm at which point most of what I wanted was sold out.


This is a horrible picture and the Pepsi from Sunday is still on my table, but you get the idea.  I spent $30, the majority of that being the V8 juice and milk ($16 right there).

I went to Dean & Don's Farmer's Market yesterday on my way home from work and spent $13 there.  The peas alone were $5, but they're so good and worth every penny!


I don't anticipate my Target trip being too expensive.  I need to buy some meat and some more milk, but beyond that, everything else I need I can buy in the store brand.

Well, except spoons.
Oh, and a new mop.  I poured bleach on my floor Tuesday and then found out my mop is broken.  Spring Meadow scent my hiney, it was still strong bleach.  I had to use towels to sop up all the bleach.  For some reason, our house has light tile with white grout in our family room and dining room.  The family room which you have to walk through to get anywhere.  Needless to say, my white grout is often a nice shade of off-white.  Except by the dogs' bowls where it is just plain brown.  They drip water and it is just a mess.  I am counting down the days until we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment