Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Target Trip, Menu Plan

I should have waited for Jimmy to get home.  My total would have been lower.

Silly goose, though, you didn't really think I could go to Target and only get what was on my list, did you?


I figured I needed some containers to store my cooking in, since our plastic containers have vanished as well.
48 load Tide Free & Clear was 30% off, marked down to $7.41, my manufacturer's $1.50 off coupled with a $1.50 Target coupon brought it down to $4.41.  I never want to run out of laundry detergent, apparently.
My windows are gnarly looking, so the Windex was clearanced to $9.08 and I used a $3 off coupon.
And while I'm at it I may as well clean my dishwasher (cherry Kool-Aid) and my washing machine (the Clorox).


Mmm, here are the rest of my freezer cooking ingredients, minus chicken.  I have to go back to Farm Fresh as Target had tons of turkey, but no chicken.

My total was $66.  I plan on the freezer cooking lasting us two weeks, though, so with that and my other totals, it works out to be a lot cheaper than eating out. :)

So today is cooking day.  On my agenda is:
Vegetable Casserole
"Senator Russell's Sweet Potato Casserole"
Watergate Salad
Cornbread Dressing
Cheese Ball
Spicy Cornbread
and Carrot Souffle'

So after all this work, it better last more than a week!  Jimmy will be having his meals rationed.

I'm off to a funeral and then lunch with my parents and Jimmy, but after that, it is down to business!  I'll update you later. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're using cherry Kool Aid to clean your dishwasher...? How exactly does that work?

    -Weese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I figured it was only 20 cents if it doesn't work. It has to work better than the Finish dishwasher cleaner. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete