Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Friday, October 15, 2010

It Was All Going So Well...

Today was a good day at work.  I got to the early meeting on time, I got my work done, I didn't eat another cupcake.  Then I left work and went to try out a new hair salon where walk-ins are welcome.  I didn't have to wait at all and got a great, cute haircut!  I got home and my dogs were happy to see me and my house was somewhat cleaned (Jimmy was off today).  I got some nice things in the mail and only 1 bill.  That was for the Sunday newspaper that brings my coupons so I don't mind seeing that bill.  I checked my e-mail in peace...

Then I got up to go to the bathroom and it was all over.  Daisy, my female dog (I'll have to find the picture of when she was a strawberry for Halloween to post) woke up vomiting this morning and although the back door was open while I was in the bedroom checking my e-mail, she vomited ALL over the living room floor.  For some reason, 1 day a month she vomits all day long, seems pitiful, and then the next day is completely over it.  Thankfully the living room floor is tile, only I then remembered my mop was broken.  I'm not sure why I still have it as I hate when people keep things that don't work, but I digress.  Four Swiffer Wet Jet pads later and I decided I needed a real, honest to goodness mop.

That, of course, meant a trip to Target.  I think Target was beginning to miss me, anyway.  Needless to say, one mop turned into 24 items and $79.  I did save $35, though!  I had found that our dog treat pile was getting low and I had a coupon from Purina that's going to expire in a couple of weeks, so I got those.  They had Woolite dark wash on clearance for $7.62 so I got some more of that as I only have about 2 more loads left in my current bottle.  I decided to get a replacement pad for the mop I bought which was $5.  The mop was $10.  Guess who threw things in the buggy without looking at the price when I got to the mop aisle?  Why is the replacement so expensive?  Heck, I'd put so much else in my buggy I was just happy I had remembered the mop!

I check out, feeling pretty happy, and then I notice it's gotten dark outside.  It's raining.  There went my cute, professionally styled hair in about 20 seconds.  So my picking out a  free pumpkin pictures are no longer going to be as wonderful as I imagined.  (By the way, since I posted that yesterday I got an e-mail today saying they are only giving away the free pumpkins on Friday evenings now.  I'm not sure if that's because they're running out of pumpkins or because there wasn't much interest.)

I guess I really do have a Friday Fails story now!

No comments:

Post a Comment