Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Saturday, July 31, 2010

But It Was Starting Out So Well...

So my dog Highway (the cutie on the left, showing his teeth)


decided that he needed attention from Mommy at 6:30 am today.  Doesn't he know it's Saturday?!  Why is he dead to the world when I try to wake him up on weekday mornings at 7:45 am to go out, but he can be up at 6:30 am on a Saturday?  Of course, he just gave me a few kisses and went back to sleep, but I was wide awake.  Darn.

So I took advantage of being up early, checked out some blogs, printed some coupons, and headed out.  To the store that once I got up there, I remembered didn't open until 10 am.  It was 9:20 am.  So I browsed Kohl's and found a lot of things I didn't need and didn't feel like hiding (since my husband told me I can't buy anything else until we move because he is not moving one more things--I'm already going to have to wear a lot of clothes on moving day to keep them out of boxes!), so I resisted.  After killing time, I went to intended store, then to the post office, then I went to gather my coupons to realize I had left the ones I printed at home.

I went to Walgreens anyway to grab a few things (and deal with a cashier with an attitude--why is only 1 out of 5 cashiers at Walgreens friendly?!) and made it out spending 6.20 and getting back a 3.00 RR.  I'm home now to regroup and head back out.  I have some $4 off Gillette Fusion razor coupons expiring today and the $5 RR at Wags ends today, too.  Jimmy went in to work this morning so I'll wait for him to get home and chauffeur me (it'll give him an excuse to drive that new truck, he shouldn't complain too much).

No comments:

Post a Comment