Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to Shopping!

This is looking like a great week at the drugstores.  I may hit all 3 today.  I haven't been in a few weeks so don't feel so obsessive going to 3 in one day, or even one week.  So I will FINALLY have some pictures and a peek into the projects I've been doing around my house.  Maybe I'll get them done before Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I don't know why, but I'm already psyched about Black Friday.  Yes, I get annoyed with the crowds, but yes, I come home with a bunch of fun things!  I already have most of my list made so I'm just going to watch Amazon and then see what goodies I can pick up Black Friday in stores.  If nothing else, can we be excited about it because it will finally be cooler weather?

Can I confess something?  (Mom, you might not want to read this--this is not how you raised me! ;))  I don't read directions on recipes all the way through at the beginning like you're supposed to.  I'm glad I never had one of those teachers who's last question on the test was instructions to not fill in the rest of it, to see if you were paying attention.  I would have got a 0 on that one, for sure!  I'm taking pink lemonade pie to lunch today.  I had thawed out my frozen whipped cream and had everything else ready, and then I noticed the lemonade was supposed to be thawed.  Of course, thinking about it now, this makes sense.  Well, I can't stick the metal can in the microwave on defrost (my mom is cringing because I know she's still reading this), but it is 88 degrees outside...(don't worry, it's going to get up in the 100s today, we're suffering, too) so the lemonade can set outside for a little while and I'm happy to report, is thawed.  This also means I am staying inside today as much as possible!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I HAVE to make that pie...yummy!
    Nominated you for a blog award: http://happysahmworld.blogspot.com/2010/07/two-more-blog-awards.html
    Blessings,
    Holly T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)

    By the way, be sure to add some food coloring otherwise it just looks like off white lemonade pie. I used Minute Maid pink lemonade but apparently the dyes weren't strong enough.

    ReplyDelete