Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grocery Trip

Okay, it was a Target trip. I call it my grocery trip because our Target recently relocated and expanded. I can now get the majority of my groceries from Target.

Target vs. Wal-Mart. In my area, they are about 1 minute away from each. I read the blogs, I see where you can get things close to free at Wal-Mart, but it really boils down to my sanity. I would much rather spend a few dollars more at Target (total! not on each item!) to save my sanity. Our Wal-Mart has rude employees, a crowded, dirty store, and don't get me started on the parking lot. Therefore, I shop Target.

Anyway, I may have gotten side-tracked from my initial goal, but in my defense I did have a giftcard from Christmas in my hot little pocket. I didn't veer off course too bad, though. I did buy a few things to donate (this is a monthly expense I have factored in) and stocked up on some meat that was on sale. I needed to buy some towels as I am trying to move towards using fewer paper towels. And with two big dogs I knew I needed something to replace them with! We'll talk about my dogs another day! :) (I have read up on paperless kitchens and they say when factoring in the cost of detergent and water for the washing machine it doesn't end up being that much more expensive.)

So I spent $50 at Target today. The meat I bought will last us two weeks, cereal one week, dog treats a few days :), and I splurged on some ice cream sandwiches. I don't plan to go back to the grocery store again until next week, so I'd like to go ahead and call it $90 out of pocket expenses for the week, as this includes gas money and dinner out Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment